Acne & Skin Pigmentation Treatment
For acne treatment, an intense pulsed light (IPL) attachment on the elōs Plus known as SRA–IPL can be used. The light, combined with bi-polar RF energy can penetrate deep beneath the skin to eliminate the bacteria that can lead to acne. This can also aid in slowing the production of excessive oils in the skin.
Skin Rejuvenation & Acne Scarring
The Sublative™ ergonomic attachment is used to help rejuvenate the skin from discolorations, wrinkles, fine lines, and scarring. This treatment is excellent for acne scarring, including pitted and rolling scars, and textural changes like divots and depressions in the skin. The Sublative™ applicator is designed to use bipolar RF energy to heat the underlying tissue, promoting healing and improving skin’s health and texture. After your treatment session, skin can appear similar to a mild sunburn for the first 24 hours. There might also be an appearance of tiny dots on the skin. These dots are typically barely visible, but should disappear completely after about one week. Scrubbing the spots to remove them is not necessary, and should be avoided. For the best improvements in skin condition, four treatments are recommended, one month apart. The Sublative™ treatment is most effective on Fitzpatrick skin types 1-4.
Using the Sublime™ program on elōs Plus, we can tighten skin that has lost its elasticity. With the combination of RF energy and light, the targeted area can be strategically heated beneath the surface of the skin, stimulating collagen production. Treatment can be especially beneficial for the neck and face, and it is effective on all skin types. Results can include firmer skin, wrinkle reduction, and a smoother complexion. Patients typically do not require any downtime after treatment, and results should begin to appear immediately. Four sessions are typically recommended, one month apart for best results.
*Individual results may vary.
Typical Treatment Time: 30 minutes
Call (252) 752-1406 today to schedule an appointment or request an appointment online!
For pricing, see our List of Services.
After any treatment with elōs Plus, we recommend the following aftercare:
- A topical soothing skin care product such as NeoCutis Bio-Cream, aloe vera, or other post-laser creams available for sale in our office can be applied to the treated area, if desired
- Sun exposure should be avoided to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation)
- Strenuous exercise should be avoided for 48 hours after treatment
- For the first week following treatment, use a gentle cleanser to clean the treated area
- After Sublative™ treatments, avoid using makeup for two days. After laser hair removal or IPL treatments, makeup should be avoided for 24 hours
- Throughout the course of treatment, a sunblock of SPF 30 or higher should be used at all times
- Avoid retinoids, glycolics, and salicylic acid agents for one week after treatment
- Do not scratch or pick at skin in the treated area