Painless Laser Hair Removal
Beauty Bar Medispa now has the newest, most advanced technology in laser hair removal and the best part….. it’s PAINLESS!
Always leading the way in technology and professionalism, Beauty Bar Medispa and our staff of licensed, trained and certified Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners have been chosen to be the exclusive training site in the Greenville, NC area for the Motus AY laser. The Motus AY is the next generation to Cartessa’s AX system, and allows us the ability to perform more comprehensive treatments for you to achieve the best results possible.
With its innovative contact cooling system, the Motus AY technological breakthrough delivers a fast, uniform, and, most importantly, painless hair removal experience for patients. In addition,
repeated passages and low power pulses help to prevent any side effects and safety concerns. Given the power of the wavelength, individuals could see desired long-term results in fewer sessions.
The Motus platform is the first high-speed Alexandrite laser that is FDA approved to allow light AND dark skin tones to benefit from the effectiveness of the Alexandrite wavelength. Many may say they can do dark skin, but in fact they are just “dialing down” the system, causing loss of efficacy and increase of treatments needed.
In fact, the Motus AY laser hair removal treatment is fast, painless, and more effective for the widest range of skin types, more than any other laser hair removal treatment, and is also highly effective for treating pigmented lesions.
- Painless, truly comfortable treatments that work
- Removes hair quickly
- Effective; less treatments are needed to achieve desired results (apx. 4-6 treatments)
- FDA approved for ALL skin types…Safely
- Can make unwanted high-volume areas hair-free
Why Choose Beauty Bar Medispa?
- Licensed, Trained, and Certified Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses perform your treatments
- With the Motus AY laser there is No Numbing, because there is NO PAIN
- Beauty Bar Medispa has been chosen by Cartessa (the manufacturer of the Motus AY) to be the exclusive training site in the Greenville NC area. A testament to our professionalism and expertise
- Cost and Time Effective — less treatments (approximately 4-6) are needed therefore you are spending less money and personal time
- FDA Approved for ALL Skin types (light AND dark skin tones) without “dialing down” which can effect your results
- Beauty Bar Medispa has always been a trusted leader in the Medical Aesthetic Industry
How long will it last?
This treatment produces permanent damage to hair follicles and is long lasting. Some patients find that they do not require further treatment for years — if ever!
How long does the treatment take?
The treatment takes only 10-15 minutes.
Is the treatment painful?
No, not at all! The treatment does not have any discomfort or pain. The gentle constant energy destroys follicles with accumulated energy rather than the painful bursts associated with other lasers. It is entirely comfortable.
Is the treatment safe?
Yes. Motus AY is safe on all skin types and is gentle to surrounding tissue. With experienced practitioner use, there aren’t any reported severe complications. Pigmentation changes are possible with any laser treatment, but Motus AX utilizes safety technology of Moveo to deliver gentle constant energy to destroy the hair follicle rather than the painful blast delivery of other lasers. Moveo action and trained practitioner use allows us to avoid complications.
Is there any downtime or recovery?
No. Patients can return to work or activities right away. Swimming, excessively sweaty activities and sauna use can be resumed the next day.
Prior to your Laser Hair Removal Appointment:
- Shave the area(s) you wish to treat 24-48 hours prior to your appointment. Unshaven patients will have to reschedule their treatment.
- Avoid using highly exfoliating products such as, Retin-A for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid getting a sunburn, suntan, or using sunless tanning products two weeks prior to your treatment.
- Please remove any makeup, lotions, or deodorant from the areas you wish to treat prior to your appointment.
Laser Hair Removal Post Care:
- No shaving the treated areas 7-10 days post your treatment.
- No waxing or plucking the treated areas AT ALL between your treatments. Avoid extensive sun exposure 2 weeks post your treatments, you will be photo sensitive in this time frame.
- A broad spectrum (UV A/UVB) sunblock with an SPF of 50 or higher is suggested post your treatment.
- Avoid acidic products or exfoliating the treated areas for 24-48 hours post your treatments.
- Avoid exercising, pool, hot tub or hot bath for 24-48 hours post your treatments.
- No makeup, perfumes or oils on the treated areas for 24-48 hours post your treatment.
- Some erythema (redness) and or irritation may occur post your treatments. Elta MD Laser enzyme gel or aloe may be used for this.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS (252) 752-1406